Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
Duckpin is on the lookout for Rollers.
Rollers are what we call our team of storytellers, artists, mavericks, mechanics, jugglers, builders, explorers, thinkers, and doers. They are the powerful engine driving our work and relationships.
Rollers live and breathe our Core Values:
- We play as one team
- We think forward
- We’re always helping
- We roll up our sleeves
- We strive for excellence
We believe a healthy Roller is a productive Roller, so we make a serious effort to provide a collaborative and positive workplace. This involves respect for time away from work to re-energize and connect, encouragement of community involvement through our Volunteer Time Off program, monthly team building activities, and opportunities to continue to grow and learn.
Our SEO Specialist will own accountability for driving key SEO KPIs, such as organic sessions, keyword rankings, average time on site, organic conversions, and bounce rates to exceed set client performance goals
- You are detail-oriented, organized, and you love the idea of working as part of a team
- You love problem-solving and innovation and are excited to dive into new technologies
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment and you’re willing to push yourself to learn and grow
- You are highly motivated and enthusiastic about winning success for our clients
- You are confident in your ability to manage yourself and your responsibilities, but you are also comfortable taking direction and working with team members who are as talented or more talented than yourself
- You’re able to clearly articulate complex ideas to stakeholders and clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Willing to work on-site, in our studio in downtown Towson, MD
- Self-motivated and independent, but enjoys being part of a collaborative environment
- Ability to nimbly and positively react to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- 3+ years of agency experience with the ability to demonstrate SEO and Backlink Building expertise (sorry, no new graduates)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for winning SEO/Backlink success for our clients
- Skilled using SEO/Backlink tools such as: Moz, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Yoast, Google Search Console
- Experienced content planner and writer
- Expert ability to properly set up and manage backlink building campaigns
- Thorough understanding of campaign metrics
- Capable of making informed decisions based on campaign performance
- Adept at researching keywords with the correct searcher intent for clients
- A proven track record of ROI-producing work
- Experience in both B2C and B2B services
- A seasoned understanding that hours worked does not equal value provided in Digital Marketing
- Open and willing to accept constructive criticism (Duckpin is an ego-free zone)
- Basic understanding of web development
- Understanding of social marketing and paid marketing campaigns
- Experience with marketing automation tools such as Mailchimp, Hubspot, etc.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Monthly Team Building Activities
- Optionally work-from-home on Friday
- Casual environment with hard-working and collaborative creatives
- Plenty of free parking
- Walking distance to Towson library, shopping, restaurants, parks, and more!
Duckpin is dedicated to providing a safe and respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to our team and all applicants. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact 443-478-3311.
Resumé is required to be considered.