Duckpin is seeking a WordPress Developer to assist in the development and maintenance of websites. Other duties include modifying content, adding functionality, and optimizing websites using performance and security best practices.
Must be competent in WordPress, PHP (for WordPress), HTML, CSS, and other WordPress plugins/themes/technologies/frameworks.
To succeed in this role, you should be comfortable working with a small team of developers, excellent with time management and adaptable to fluctuations in workload and timelines.
The right candidate is hungry for growth and learning, understands the importance of user experience, and knows how to balance functionality with design. Strong coding skills and high attention to detail are critical to maintaining efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Build and update WordPress sites using custom themes as well as theme builders
- Perform various WordPress/Shopify site adjustments to semi-custom and custom built sites for a wide variety of clients; Text, images, design, features, components, etc.
- Regularly perform WordPress core and plugin updates and testing of website critical systems
- Provision web and marketing technologies for clients
- Provide additional support to the web and marketing teams
- Communicate directly to clients and team members in a simple and helpful manner
- Over-deliver on tasks/projects and provide the attention to detail that Duckpin’s clients are accustomed to
- Demonstrates quality, professional work experience as a WordPress Developer
- Past work experience
All applications must include a cover letter, resume and portfolio of at least 3 completed websites in which you served as the primary producer.