Duckpin is on the lookout for Rollers
What’s a Roller, you ask? Good question, let us explain.
A Roller is a member of our passionate team of strategists, copywriters, designers, developers, marketing experts, and project coordinators. They are the powerful engine driving our work and relationships.
We believe that a healthy Roller is a productive Roller, and we make a serious effort to provide an extraordinary workplace. This involves respect for their time away from the office to re-energize and connect, encouraging volunteer activities through our Volunteer Time Off program, engaging in monthly team building activities, and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Does that sound like you?
Reports to Copy Director
- You have a proven record of excellent writing and can share it in a professional portfolio
- You’re a proud logophile who can demonstrate a mastery of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions
- You are inspired by collaboration, and relish the opportunity to work together with a team to reach a common goal, and…
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and can adjust to challenges and changing priorities with a positive and resourceful attitude to help your team
- You are naturally curious, and dive head-first into research in order to better understand your subject matter
- You are adept at writing for search engine optimization (SEO), know how to successfully use keywords and understand searcher intent
- You have experience working within brand standards, and can adapt and adhere to established writing style and voice for various clients of Duckpin
- Produce well-researched content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills to balance, prioritize, schedule and complete written copy for different clients within deadlines
- Work independently with little or no daily supervision
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, team members, and management
- Effectively use SEO strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results
- Collaborate with design, marketing and web teams to develop quality content and strong calls to action focused towards target customers
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the production team to deliver content on schedule
- Understand each clients brand image, products, and services, and be able to adapt and adhere to established style and voice to develop dynamic content
- Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement
- Proficiency with industry tools, such as Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, on a Mac platform
Bonus Skills (Nice-to-haves):
- Journalism background
- Experience with keyword research and content planning
- Brand writing experience
- Commercial or video script writing experience
- Average Duckpin bowling score of 250+ (jk 😉 )
Duckpin is an ego-free environment. If you think you have what it takes, please submit a resume, portfolio, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org